There are those who believe that our current system of education is best for our children as long as it is implemented properly.
They too believe that college and career ready adults should be the result of a successful system of education.
In his article, Who Should Formulate Policy in America, the People or the Politicians? The Essentials of “Good Government” William John Cox explains,
“The Essentials of Good Government
Irrespective of culture or national origin, from the most ancient tribal-based settlements to the unimaginable societies of the future, there have been and will continue to be certain essential organizational functions required to preserve the integrity of the group. As basic public policy, good government must:
• Provide every child with equal access to nutrition, health care, and education;
• Provide economic security to ensure the ability of all parents to care for their families;
• Provide and enforce laws to guarantee equal opportunity and individual rights for everyone;
• Provide physical security to defend the society and its people; and
• Provide coordination of large-scale efforts to serve the public good.”
Cox continues to ask some very important questions,
“• If the American People are capable of earning their own living, raising their children, paying taxes, and being emotionally and physically maimed and dying in the defense of their Nation, aren’t they smart enough to have a more direct say in the policies that govern their future and the destiny of their children?
• Have the money interests become so entrenched in both major political parties that the politicians no longer address the needs of the People?
• Are the People once again being taxed without representation?
It is the purpose of the “hedgehogs” to countermand the principles of good government to remain in control of the policies, procedures, and programs used to enslave the masses.
When we provide every child in America with a developmentally appropriate, Arts based, experiential education that concentrates on discovering, developing, and directing their gifts and talents towards becoming knowledgeable, actively engaged citizens, they will, in turn, guarantee equal opportunity and individual rights for everyone.
Join the Movement to Save Our Children!